Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Off Camera Flash

 Off Camera Flash


There are many ways to balance natural light and flash. Here are five ways that I have used. Which one you use will depend on how sharp or blurry you want the background to be. How much power your flash has or what ND filters you have on hand. When mixing ambient light with flash for portraits, your shutter speed controls the ambient light, and your aperture controls the flash. In the five examples here, I have kept the shutter speed and ISO the same in all five examples. I did all my manipulations with the aperture, that was to keep the shutter speed as high as possible and to keep the aperture as wide as possible. My friend Mandi volunteered to pose for the pictured. The start time was about 7:30 PM on an overcast day. The background was a group of trees in my backyard. The light was a Godox AD100 in a 65cm Triopo softbox.


Method #1


Method #2


Method #3


Method #4


Method #5









No comments:

Post a Comment