Sunday, August 7, 2022

Portrait

 Two light studio portrait.


This is one of my favorite lighting setups. It’s a variation of clamshell lighting, I used a reflector for the bottom light. I also used a third light for the background, to keep it as white as possible. The model here is Carley, one of my granddaughters.








 

Equipment

·        Flashpoint/Godox AD200 strobe with extension kit.

·        Flashpoint/Godox V860II speed light.

·        Collapsible backdrop 57” x 79”.

·        Glow 32” 5 in 1 reflector.

·        Glow 25” beauty dish/softbox.

·        Glow 10” x 24” strip-box.

·        2 – FlashpointS2 umbrellas brackets.

·        Flashpoint reflector stand.

·        2 – Small Flashpoint light-stands.

·        Large Flashpoint light-stand with extension arm. 


Explanation:

You want to start with a totally dark frame. In my small studio with the overhead light turned on, my camera set to ISO-100, shutter speed 1/160 and aperture at f/8, a test shot gives me a totally dark frame. So that’s the base exposure for my main light ISO-100, shutter speed 1/160 and aperture f/8. The hair/Rim light is usually the same as or a little less than the main light. A third light could be added as a background light.





No comments:

Post a Comment